Wearable Art & Musical Extravaganza
1st PRIZE PACKAGE SPONSORED BY $1,000 CASH PRIZE for BEST OVERALL WEARABLE ART
The WINNING ENTRY 2018 ‘SPRINGROLL of PAPER’ WAS CHOSEN by a panel of THREE JUDGES
Jamie Metzger, Sheree Te Orangaroa Downes and Priscilla Gear
‘SPRINGROLL OF PAPER’
ENTRY DETAILS for FibreOctave 2019 will be updated soon
Wearable art is for everyone whether you …..
SCULPT PAINT SEW KNIT CROCHET RECYCLE/REINVENT WORK with METAL WOOD PLASTIC CARDBOARD or LEATHER
Here are some ideas – of course you can do it! Note: – these are not categories
Art Couture – high end fashion presented as wearable art (dressmakers this is for you) include hats, jewellery and accessories.
Create Avant Garde – wearable art / fashion from cast-offs or junk with a nod to the future – Trashion
Textile & Fibre Art – yarn, felt, fabrics and fibre. Weave it, knit it, crochet it or sculpt it.
Deconstruct and reconstruct from used, thrown-out, found and repurposed elements or give an arty twist to some preloved clothing.
Create a wearable sculpture – weld, carve, glue, knit or crochet a sculpture
Combine old materials with new, stretch your imagination, fantasise.
NOTHING IS EXTRAORDINARY, EVERYTHING IS ART!
It is important that the following deadlines are met:
- Entry Form and Entry Fee $20 must be received by 5pm Friday 16 March 2018
- Completed exhibits must be delivered to the organisers by 6pm 27 April 2018
- Exhibits will be received between 4 – 6 pm on 27 April at 42 Tay Street (doorway between Macpac and Art Fun – upstairs)
- Delivery address for courier is:- FibreOctave Wearable Art, C/- Todd & Co, 46 Don Street, Invercargill.
- Other arrangements can be made by telephoning Helen McCurdy 027 228 8230 or Gaye McElroy 027 223 8783
There are no categories – WEARABLE ART OPEN – your ideas – your interpretation
Click here to download an entry form for 2018. The following criteria applies.
- Wearable Art must be original and not have been previously exhibited.
- On occasion previously shown exhibits may be invited in by FibreOctave. Any such exhibits would not be eligible to enter the competition.
- You may submit more than one exhibit.
- Exhibits must be wearable and must be ART.
- Exhibits should not be made of plant material which will deteriorate.
- The artistic use of accessories will be taken into account by the judges.
- Models will be arranged by the organisers. Exhibitors may not use their own. Exceptions may be considered.
- Exhibits should be made to fit female ADULT size 12 or 14 or ADULT male medium size.
- Models will wear more than one exhibit. Up to three exhibits will be allocated to each model by the FibreOctave wardrobe team.
- Exhibits must be able to move freely on the runway and models must have clear visibility whilst wearing wearable art exhibits.
- Exhibits may be constructed using recycled or new materials. You may use string, tape, wire, velcro, staples, paper machè or any other medium to build your creation. Sewing machine can be used.
- Music will be provided. You are not required to provide your own.
- Exhibitors are not permitted back stage to dress their particular exhibit.
- All care is taken to ensure exhibits appear on the runway according to instructions from the exhibitor, however, FibreOctave are not responsible for errors.
- Once your exhibit has been submitted and selected no changes to name or description can be made.
- The organisers accept no liability for exhibits lost or damaged in transit.
- Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the creator/designer.
- Exhibits must be collected the day following the show – Saturday 16 June 2018.
- Please pack your exhibit in a box or container suitable for transporting from storage to the venue. This will greatly assist the organisers and prevent damage during transport.
- You must supply return freight tickets or arrange courier pick up if required.
- Exhibits will be selected once the completed exhibits are received.
- The organisers reserve the right to select exhibits to appear in a finale; it is not possible to include every exhibit.
- FibreOctave reserve the right to not accept exhibits deemed unsuitable.
- FibreOctave is frequently asked to provide a static display of exhibits; we like to assist where we can as this is good promotion. Carefully storing your exhibit after the show for a period of 12 months would be greatly appreciated. Exhibits or photos of exhibits may be used for future publicity.
- Professional photos of each exhibit will be taken and posted on FibreOctave Facebook page and website.
Please send the completed form and $20 entry fee by 16 March 2018 to:
Helen McCurdy, P O Box 14, Riverton 9847 Phone:- 03 234 9080 Cell 027 228 8230