Wearable Art & Musical Extravaganza
1st PRIZE PACKAGE – Supreme Overall Winner TBA
1st RUNNER UP TBA
2nd RUNNER UP TBA
The WINNING ENTRY 2017 ‘JOURNEYS’ WAS CHOSEN by a panel of THREE JUDGES
Jamie Metzger, Ari Edgecome and Jim Geddes
Entry form details and download options below
It is important that the following deadlines are met:
- Entry Form must be received by 5pm Wednesday 11 April 2018
- Completed exhibits must be delivered to the organisers by 6pm Wednesday May 0 9 2018.
- Delivery address for courier is:- FibreOctave Wearable Art, C/- Todd & Co, 46 Don Street, Invercargill.
- Other arrangements can be made by telephoning Helen McCurdy 027 228 8820 or Gaye McElroy 027 223 8783
There are two sections. Please specify a section on your submission form.
Exhibits must incorporate or be made entirely of truck/car body or engine parts.
All other exhibits.
The following criteria applies to all sections.
- Wearable Art must be original and not have been previously exhibited.
- On occasion previously shown exhibits may be invited in by FibreOctave. Any such exhibits would not be eligible to enter the competition.
- You may submit more than one exhibit.
- Exhibits must be wearable and must be ART.
- The artistic use of accessories will be taken into account by the judges.
- Models will be arranged by the organisers. Exhibitors may not use their own. Exceptions may be considered.
- Exhibits should be made to fit female ADULT size 12 or 14 or ADULT male medium size.
- Models will wear more than one exhibit. Up to three exhibits will be allocated to each model by the FibreOctave wardrobe team.
- Exhibits must be able to move freely on the runway and models must have clear visibility whilst wearing wearable art exhibits.
- Exhibits may be constructed using recycled or new materials. You may use string, tape, wire, velcro, staples, paper machè or any other medium to build your creation. Sewing machine can be used.
- Music will be provided. You are not required to provide your own.
- Exhibitors are not permitted back stage to dress their particular exhibit.
- All care is taken to ensure exhibits appear on the runway according to instructions from the exhibitor, however, FibreOctave are not responsible for errors.
- Once your exhibit has been submitted and selected no changes to name or description can be made.
- The organisers accept no liability for exhibits lost or damaged in transit.
- Insurance, if required, is the responsibility of the creator/designer.
- Exhibits must be collected within two weeks after the show.
- You must supply return freight tickets or arrange courier pick up if required.
- Exhibits will be selected once the completed exhibits are received.
- The organisers reserve the right to select exhibits to appear in a finale; it is not possible to include every exhibit.
- FibreOctave reserve the right to not accept exhibits deemed unsuitable.
- FibreOctave is frequently asked to provide a static display of exhibits; we like to assist where we can as this is good promotion. Carefully storing your exhibit after the show for a period of 12 months would be greatly appreciated. Exhibits or photos of exhibits may be used for future publicity.
Click here to download an entry form.
Please send the completed form by 11 April 2018 to:
Helen McCurdy, P O Box 14, Riverton 9847 Phone:- 03 234 9080 Cell 027 228 8820